After one "normal" week of scheduled events it's turning into a week of chaos. There just seems to be a number of things this week that all you can say is Ugh.
Madeline found out on Monday that she has pit practice for the school play this week every day after school until 9 pm. The original notice said 3pm to TBA. I didn't expect the TBA to be announced on the same day. I don't expect the director to accomodate everyone's schedules but I do expect some advanced notification. I was expecting 3 hour practices but not 6 hours until next week. So here we are juggling practice around dance and piano classes and homework. They are at least providing them with meals which is more than I can say for previous productions she has been in.
The weekend did not go well (some how things don't get done while I'm at work on Saturday) and the normal chores did not get done which means they drag in to the week. One thing I didn't get done was my laundry so I'm stuck with that 2nd tier of clothes that are ok but on a bad week sets you outside your comfort zone. Fortunately, I don't have any client meetings this week.
The decision for the week - Can Amanda go snow tubing with her girl scout troop next week Friday the 13th? My concerns: they leave at 4:45 and don't return home until 10 pm. After a day at school, it can be a long day for a 9 year old. The departure time is too early and they arrive home too late. They are also stopping at McDonald's for supper first. Not my idea of a healthy meal. The permission slip will get turned in but I'll talk to the leader and some other parents about some different times. I also need to know who is chaperoning - I need that comfort factor that a person I trust will be there. With the high school play also that night and having to work on Saturday, I can't chaperone myself. Am I making this too difficult?
I missed booking our air fare for Orlando last week and now the flights cost $500 more - that is a double ugh! I'll keep checking to see if they go down. Hotel and Disney park tickets are booked.
Madeline came home with her course selection for next year - more decisions.
What's with the weather? I could take 6 more weeks of winter if it's like the weather on Groundhog day - sunny and 25 instead of this below zero stuff. At least the constant snowing has stopped.
So what keeps me from going over the edge - the hugs; Mmm supper smells so good; the thank you very much Mom and any humor I can find. Someone emailed me this link which did make me laugh because it is so true.
http://www.stuffaccountantslike.com/
Tomorrow Amanda is auditioning for a solo part for the Spring concert. I hope she does her best.
1 comment:
Who ever decided what normal was anyway?
Post a Comment