Well, it's been another week. We survived last week with a touch of the flu, finals and another day off for the kids. Maddie had a tough time with finals and being off two days the week before didn't help. It's a fine line on pushing the studying when you know she has the knowledge and ability but with a teenage attitude. With all the pressure to take AP classes in high school, you have to remind yourself to step back and look at the whole picture. When did high school become an extension of college? Are the AP classes for the student's benefit or the high school's? It sure makes the HS look better if they have more students taking AP classes. What happened to enjoying high school before you hit the real world?
Maddie was done with classes on Thursday at noon and spent the afternoon and weekend reading the second Twlight book. She was happy to not have any homework for the weekend. Amanda started another knitting project and managed to knit a mini scarf for Aunt Mary by the time she picked them up at noon on Friday. She took them to the waterpark for a couple of hours and they stayed overnight and went to the Sleeping Beauty ballet Saturday afternoon. The remaining inside Christmas decorations finally came down on Sunday. The outside lights are frozen to the bushes. They probably won't thaw until April.
Amanda is reading the kids version of Marley and Me. We had a great time reading it together tonight as we were both laughing about what the dog does. I'm still not sure if I can watch the movie. I have enough to cry about when I look at my office at work.
I'm working on getting our Disney vacation booked and planning our summer vacation - Boston/New England area or Williamsburg/Virginia Beach. Right now we are leaning towards Virginia. I'm thankful for the lack of snowfall and I must be getting used to the cold temperatures. It is winter after all.
Is anyone thinking about the Super Bowl on Sunday?
1 comment:
Hey, I see you're planning some vacations... Eric and I get REALLY good deals on some really nice resorts nationwide (Orlando, Williamsburg, etc.) through our time share (that's what Scott, Beth, Kyle, Krystin used for their honeymoons)...SO, if you want me to look anything up for you let me know and I'll see what I can find. (Example, there are marriott resorts that have two bedroom units with full kitchens that go for $400-$600 for the week!). Let me know!!!!
Post a Comment