It was the usual bumpy start to the school year with open houses, meetings, cross country practices and meets, and homework and just getting into the new routine and then out of the blue there is a boy. I first heard about him during band camp and then he had the same lunch period. Then two weekends ago she went to the corn maze with him on a Sunday afternoon with some other friends. He picked her up and that was the strangest thing - watching her drive away without an adult driving the car. Did I mention he is a junior and just turned 17? We can't get any information on him from our teacher friends but that's probably a good thing. He seems to be a nice boy - he's on the soccer team; in the band; takes AP classes; both his parents are doctors. He even carries her books to class for her sometime.
So tonight I took Madeline to watch him play soccer and after the game he gave her a bouquet of roses and asked her to the homecoming dance. I'm not ready for this. I don't know if she is ready for this. I'm excited for her and nervous at the same time.
2 comments:
WOW! This is exciting! I am sure she is just so bubbley on the inside! It is a fun time of life!
Oh gosh.... I can't even imagine being in your shoes...luckily I still have a couple years to learn from your experience!
Post a Comment